Saturday, September 11, 2010

Not sure if these are less expensive, but way cool Solar lights

Handmedown House Blogspot  has some great directions for making nifty hand crafted solar lights. I'm telling you, ya gotta go see these. I think this project could even be done with a scout troop(girls or boys) and I'm definitely gonna go looking for out door Mod Podge. We already have some solar lights similar to the one shown, now I just just gotta talk DH out of one to try it out!  :)

Another road to success with this project is to see how to tint glass. This tutorial is from Gingerbread Snowflakes  She shows the process of coloring the jars and used some tea lights in hers. This technique is great! The blogger about solar lights also gives this link, if you are like me and likely to go clicking quickly.

No comments: