- I used Parkay, rather than butter as we don't generally keep it in our fridge except for Christmas cookies.
- lightly floured board and hands would keep yours from being too floury. It didn't make them taste bad, but not better either.
- In my oven, (electric) it took the full 15 minutes for them to be finished. I know cause I always under time, but the second sheet full I set at 15 minutes and they came out great.
- Next time I'm adding a little more milk too, I added about 9 tablespoons of milk or slightly more if I forgot.
- Raisins instead of currants, cause we don't keep currants on hand, but do almost always have raisins.
Happy Halloween. Grandpaparazzi will be in his traditional pirate costume, I'll be a somewhat whimsical penguin at the request of Livvie. She will be Belle and has the Disney store tiara to toes and everything beautiful in between version. Her mama and Daddy will go with her as Mrs. Potts and the Beast. Ya gotta love when parents are willing to be the supporting roles so Belle can trick or treat safely.
Ps Grandpaparazzi and I are making Mummy Wraps and Baked Apples for dinner. We'll hold down their candy bowl and answer the doorbell while they are gone... The mummy wraps are hot dogs with breadstick wrapped around them, part of some great quick Halloween foods that don't take much time. Check our the others by visiting http://www.parents.com/recipes/holidays/halloween/easy-last-minute-halloween-recipes/ Anybody want some spiderweb soup?
Post script.... sadly, the stomach flu hit two of the three cast members. Belle and her daddy, weren't able to go on the trick or treating tour. Grandpaparazzi and I just ate regular hot dogs, and the first evening in November used a couple of the left over soul cakes as a base for serving baked apples that didn't get done on Halloween. I'll be planning baked apples ala soul cakes from now on out. :)