Friday, April 16, 2010

Grateful for antibiotics!

After I retired, it seemed like my bouts with sinus infections might be over. :) Until this week! I had been enduring a drippy nose and itchy ears during this exceptionally bad pollen season, but finally needed to go to the doctor.  Oh no! A sinus infection, fever,  both ears infected, and a mention that a few days later might have included pneumonia in the symptoms. The doctor was great( urgent care doc not my regular doc) and in just a couple of minutes I was on my way to the pharmacy. After a couple of nights sleeping in a chair, I'm almost back to normal. The scary thing was how sick I'd gotten without realizing it. Just running a fever is a rarity for me.

You know I have to be feeling under the weather to miss one of my monthly hooking circles. I still haven't uploaded any pics from Hankermer. Promise to do that, there were some wonderful rugs to share...

4 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Gosh, Jo...glad you are feeling better...tis the season for sinus infections, allergies, and everything else....take care!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Aww Jo hope your feeling better soon. Sinus infections sure can drag you down. Take good care!

Maureen said...

Aww Jo, I'm sorry to hear that snuck up on you like that. Now for some mothering: drink liquids! Water is best...and plenty of it even after you are over this crud.

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Thanks, dear friends! Water, rest and being more aware of how much I really can do without wearing myself out are a must.

Hope each of you is enjoying a wonderful weekend!